Steamed cooked vegetables
and ready to use
POTATOES AND BROWNED ONIONS "AU GRATIN"
For 6 people
2 packets of 500g of Allaire vacuum-packed potatoes in slices
500G of white onions
15cl of creme fraiche
30cl of skimmed milk
30G of butter
100G of cheese
1 clove of garlic
1) Unpack the potatoes in slices and above all, avoid rinsing them
2) Cut the onions into thin slices, and brown them slightly in a frying pan with butter
3) Prepare the oven dish rubbing it with the clove of garlic, and buttering it slightly. Then superpose layers on potatoes and browned onions.
4) Prepare the sauce: mix the milk, the creme fraiche, the cheese, and add salt, pepper, and put this sauce on the layers of potatoes and onions.
5) Sprinkle the gratin with cheese, or even with Parmesan cheese
6) Put the dish into the oven, and cook at 180°C (Gas Mark 6) during 30 minutes at least
Allaire 's trick: the success of this meal depends on the no-rinsing of the potatoes once the packet is opened: the potato flour must stay on the product, otherwise the gratin won't be solid and firm enouh.
HAVE A NICE MEAL !